Friday, February 10, 2012

Hi again, when I design a piece of armor for a client there are a few steps I always take:

1) Have a solid design, even tho changes organically come as you build it, having a solid base to work from is always best.

2) Once I have my design drawn up (normally i would have gone thru 3 or 4 variations before i am truly happy with it.).  I then think about any special effects I want to install into it.

3) Price of those special effects, such as lights, fog effects, etc.

Once these 3 steps have been met, i go out grab a bunch if not all of the  supplies needed and get to work!

What i have chosen to start with is the gem that will be showcased in the shoulders, it started out as a simple oval gem then i wanted more so i turned it into a skull, then that was not enough so i ended up with a crazy looking skull with 4 horns on the head, now that is going to be a truly unique looking gem, here is how it came out post sculpt.


Next step is form the mold for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment