Wanted to show u folks my progress on the gurren lagan guantlet:
After being happy with the foam mockup i built i broke it down, and used it to make patterns for the eva foam, then started cutting it out.
Working on the section that goes under the lower jaw portion of the gauntlet.
I hot glued on the base sides then once it dried, heated up the decorative outside lower jaw portions, and glued those in place, and once that was solid i heated up those pieces then bent them over the bottom part of the jaw, then glued that into place.
Double checking size and placement on the lower jaw with the pattern pieces i cut.
Reference pic i am working from for the arm gauntlet
Pinned the top portion of the gauntlet into place over the lower one to see how it is all looking.
Next pinned the eye in place.
I am happy eith it so i remove the eye and start to heat-set the top portion of the gauntlet to the bottom, this way it catches the shape i want it to have BEFORE i glue it to the lower jaw.
Here i have cut out the pupil art of the eye (so i can have an even deeper recess into the socket), then glued the outer portion to the gauntlet.
Here I did a temporary fit with the inner eye into the gauntlet, it fits perfectly!
i put in a temporary light to do a simply light test (i still have to color the eye) but so far it is looking good!.
Me modeling the gaunt so you guys can see how it will fit my client.